Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Romances Experience

So I been thinking lately...

After I stopped doing The Romances Experience I heard from two friends who are very knowledgeable with Trance itself and the EDM Genre that Trance had been going downhill.

I can't say much because I stopped doing my radio show RIGHT when this started to occur but it's safe to say it was still big and everyone listened to it when I had stopped.

My friends had said that the new tracks being released were not too good compared to what had come out in 2006 and 2007 where Trance was at it's highest peak. So I did some listening of my own and it's sad to say but what they said was true, most of these tracks were nothing compared to the style of Trance I had spun.
--------------------------------

Music is inspired by music.

It doesn't matter what type of Genre music you are listening, ALL music is inspired by each and every other Genre. Artist bounce ideas off each others productions and they create new songs.

For example, if you listen to the radio right now what do you hear mostly?

Some type of Trance or Electro beat/rhythm mixed with Hip Hop. I once even heard a song that was absolutely PURE Trance with just the artist Rapping.

With that being said, music changes and many different ways.
--------------------------------

The reason I am saying all of this is because I have been thinking about bringing back The Romances Experience for a while. I would do it simply because it makes me happy, the music is amazing, the rhythm and angelic vocals just give me wings and make me feel alive. It's an amazing feeling, like an accomplishment. I take Music and DJing seriously, it's something I enjoy sharing with people and with myself.

I say ALL of this because I been thinking of WHEN to bring back TRE. But right now doesn't feel right, I don't know what kind of songs I would mix. Productions are really slow and I wouldn't really be on top of my game. I could play classic tunes and some of the new stuff but it wouldn't be same where back then any NEW song that was released was mostly a brilliant single release with 3 amazing remixes.

I want the Return of The Romances Experience to be BIG and special. I think I will give a bit more time and hope things get better but right now, I'm not feeling the Trance.

I can promise you I will bring it back for sure and I know EDM itself is one of the biggest Genre with different types of Electronic Music and Styles. Trance itself has been evolving differently and continues to do so.
------------------

Once I feel that powerful and energy in me like I did back when I first made TRE.....I will bring it back. And that time is very soon but not quite right now.



TRE <3

1 comment:

  1. Andrei, I believe that it's a smart move that you're making here. It took me seven long years to get back into acting but looking back at it, I'm glad that I didn't get back in any earlier. There were things within myself that needed taking care of that didn't seem apparent at the time and rushing right into things would've just hurt me in the long run. Knowing what I know now, I feel more confident with every action I take in the industry and it really is paying off right now.

    Though your struggle involves more of the environment instead of what's going on within you, that awareness of where everything is at right now is invaluable and should not be ignored. You know that I feel the same way about that state of where Trance is right now. To be honest, I don't really listen to EDM right now at all and have been exploring other genres. But when the time is right again, you will know and I'll be there listening. =o)

    ReplyDelete